Saturday, May 23, 2009

If the Shoe Doesn't Fit...

One of my favorite times of year in the northeast is early spring when a girl’s fancy turns to shoes. After a winter full of socks, boots and drudgery, there’s nothing quite like the sudden freedom of bare feet in sexy shoes. Oh sure, there are those hardcore shoe devotee type girls that can rock the stilettos in ten degree February weather, but I am not one of them. For a fancy party? Sure. Day to day? Not in this lifetime. Day to day I wish to be warm. However, once March rolls around I begin to develop an aversion to socks. I have nothing against socks per se, I’d just rather they be optional.

My delight with the onset of girl shoe season, however, is all too often quelled by the little discussed dark side of the season. It is one of my greatest peeves in life. I speak of the ill fitting shoe. Ill fitting shoes do you no favors. Ill fitting shoes are not sexy. Ill fitting shoes are doing the exact opposite of what you intended those shoes to do. Ill fitting shoes are insulting to society’s collective intelligence for crying out loud. We can see they don’t fit, we DID notice and you DO look silly. DON’T wear them anymore!

Ladies, I know it’s tempting when you find shoes you love that are on sale and are just a tad too big or too small, but please for the sake of your own dignity, resist! If they don’t fit don’t wear them. It’s that simple. If your heel is ½ inch from the back of the shoe then put them back. They do not fit and you should not buy them. If you have some big old wide feet, don’t wear some flimsy sandals that are narrower than your feet are. It makes you look desperate.

Now let’s say you have a favorite pair of open toed sandals that you wore and stretched out all last summer and your toes now hang over the front of them. Throw them out! They do not fit and you should not wear them. If they have dirt impressions of your feet inside them then throw them out. They are disgusting and you should not wear them.

I see women violating these tenets all the time and it breaks my heart. Okay, no, it doesn’t, it just drives me insane. So please help me help you. If the shoe doesn’t fit, don’t wear it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment